Wednesday, December 8, 2010

how can I say.....

When so many things change in some six months, there is an extent to which I think "What was I doing back then? I can't remember what was going through my head as I said that...." and so now I find myself a different person! Not altogether. It's not a bad change I hope. Iwant to be a FARMER! :D



So, I did this video as my final project for my Intro to College Studies Class I finished yesterday (the reason I feel free enough to blog haha) because I want to be a farmer. I don't know if I'm going to end up going to a college but if I do, I'll know what to do.

This was shot in my library at home. It took me about three or four shots for every question section. Then I wanted to put in more Joel Salatin but I ended up only getting him in a small clip at the end.

I LOVE THAT GUY! Not in a weird way; it's just, I would love to have him as an uncle or something! He's a wonderful farmer and has the guts to stand up to all the government cronies they keep sending his way! I wish I could have half the brilliance in his brain!

Please do me a favor and go to www.youtube.com and type in "Joel Salatin - Polyface Farms". Or, if you've seen "Food Inc." then he is the farmer they talk to at the end. He has pretty much come up with a solution for corporate industrial farming. His formula for localizing food pretty much demands more farmers out there, but I think there are TONS of people sitting in cubicles, just dreaming of the countryside right now, but too poor to start a farm and just not quite enough connections to feel like it's a possibility. I think that if we can change some of the laws in regards to small farms, this would bring localized food streaming into the market at steading and ever growing rates!!! How exciting would that be?!

Does anyone actually trust all food that the USDA approves anymore?! They are in bed with the industrial food companies! Honestly!